Cenzura i nadzor interneta
Quote:subota 14.01.2012 | 23:09
Bela kuća hoće slobodan internet
Izvor: Beta

Vašington -- Bela kuća se protivi donošenju zakona koji bi, pod izgovorom borbe protiv onlajn piraterije i sajber kriminala, ograničio slobodu i dinamičnost interneta.

[Image: 8604045754f0b4bb21ebb9677580093_368x276.jpg]
foto: B92, Bojana Jevremović

Obamina administracija navodi u svom saopštenju da onlajn piratija koja dolazi iz inostranstva predstavlja "ozbiljan problem", ali da novi zakon kojim se umanjuje sloboda izražavanja predstavlja čin kojim se podriva internet u celini.

Kritika se odnosi na zakon o zaštiti od piraterije koji je u raspravi u američkom Kongresu. Tim predlogom Ministarstvu pravde biće omogućeno da zatraži sudski nalog za kontrolu sumnjivih sajtova.

Bela kuća smatra da borba protiv onlajn piraterije mora da bude sprovedena bez rizika od cenzure. Naglašava se da je otvorenost interneta ključna za inovativnost, i da zbog toga mora biti zaštićena.

izvor: B92

Quote:White House Speaks Out Against SOPA/PIPA, Sort Of…
January 14, 2012

The White House just released a statement commenting on the pending SOPA and PIPA anti-piracy bills in congress. While the Obama Administration sides with the opposition by saying that free-speech should be protected, censorship is evil, and that DNS-blocking is a no go, the statement doesn’t mean that the bills are off the table.

[Image: sopa-blocked.jpg]

This week has once again been filled with news about the pending Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and its Senate counterpart PIPA.

While many of the largest websites on the Internet have vowed to blackout their sites this coming Wednesday, the people responsible for drafting the bills have started to make concessions. Just yesterday, SOPA author Lamar Smith said DNS blocking would be removed from the bill until further notice.

In part, the ever-increasing pressure from the public and anti-SOPA lobbyists can be credited for this change in tone, but a statement released by the White House today might have also played a role.

Responding to two petitions signed by over 50,000 people each, the Obama administration recited much of the criticism voiced by SOPA/PIPA opponents.

“Any effort to combat online piracy must guard against the risk of online censorship of lawful activity and must not inhibit innovation by our dynamic businesses large and small. Across the globe, the openness of the Internet is increasingly central to innovation in business, government, and society and it must be protected.”

“To minimize this risk, new legislation must be narrowly targeted only at sites beyond the reach of current U.S. law, cover activity clearly prohibited under existing U.S. laws, and be effectively tailored, with strong due process and focused on criminal activity,” the Administration writes.

While this is encouraging for those who oppose the pending anti-piracy bills, the language used in the statement remains very vague. The lawmakers backing SOPA and PIPA have heard these comments many times already, and usually counter them by saying that the “openness” of the Internet is not at risk should these bills pass, and that due process is guaranteed.

It all remains a matter of interpretation.

The only strong position the Obama Administration takes is against DNS blocking. Here, the White House sides with many of the tech experts, and against the MPAA, by concluding that tampering with DNS poses a threat to the Internet.

“We must avoid creating new cybersecurity risks or disrupting the underlying architecture of the Internet. Proposed laws must not tamper with the technical architecture of the Internet through manipulation of the Domain Name System (DNS), a foundation of Internet security.”

“Our analysis of the DNS filtering provisions in some proposed legislation suggests that they pose a real risk to cybersecurity and yet leave contraband goods and services accessible online. We must avoid legislation that drives users to dangerous, unreliable DNS servers and puts next-generation security policies, such as the deployment of DNSSEC, at risk,” they write.

The above statement may also explain why many of the lawmakers previously in favor of DNS-blocking have suddenly started to back pedal. They probably got a heads up and changed their tone before the White House statement was released.

By itself, however, this change of position might be an indication that it’s not a good idea to rush through legislation that can have devastating effects on the Internet. If DNS-blocking turns out to not be such a good idea after all, there might be plenty of other things that need to be reconsidered as well.

For the SOPA/PIPA opposition the White House statement is encouraging, but nothing more than that. It’s a small win and a motivation to continue the protests, but in the end the White House is also very clear when it states that “new legal tools to combat online piracy” have to be implemented.

And so the battle continues.

izvor: TorrentFreak
[Image: mzAebF3.gif]
Quote:Wikipedia Confirms PIPA/SOPA Blackout

January 16, 2012

Early December we broke the news that Wikipedia was considering to blackout its site to oppose the pending PIPA/SOPA bills, and today founder Jimmy Wales just confirmed that it’s on.

Coming Wednesday the English Wikipedia will go dark.

With this unprecedented move Wikipedia joins the ranks of Reddit, Mozilla, Boing Boing and many others.

The blackout will start at midnight Washington DC time and will last for 24 hours.

Jimmy Wales advises students to finish their homework before Wednesday.

“Student warning! Do your homework early. Wikipedia protesting bad law on Wednesday!,” he tweeted a few minutes ago.

[Image: wiki-blackm.jpg]
[Image: wiki-black.jpg]

izvor: TorrentFreak - News Bits
Quote:Google Joins PIPA/SOPA Protest Tomorrow

January 17, 2012

Tomorrow thousands of websites will protest the pending PIPA/SOPA anti-piracy bills.

Wikipedia, Reddit and many others will do a blackout, and many other sites will organize similar protests.

Today, Google announced that it will take part as well.

The search engine will not go dark completely, but instead it will put a link on its homepage to inform users about the threat these bills pose.

“We oppose these bills because there are smart, targeted ways to shut down foreign rogue websites without asking American companies to censor the Internet,” a Google spokeswoman said.

“So tomorrow we will be joining many other tech companies to highlight this issue on our US home page.”

It is no secret that Google is opposing PIPA/SOPA.

According to Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt the bills would “criminalize linking and the fundamental structure of the Internet itself.”

“Their goal is reasonable, their mechanism is terrible. They should not criminalize the intermediaries. They should go after the people that are violating the law,” he added.

[Image: google-dark.jpg]

A kome sutra baš bude bila neophodna Wikipedija, ima i za to rešenja:

Quote:How To Access Wikipedia During the Blackout

January 17, 2012

Tomorrow Wikipedia will go dark to protest the pending PIPA/SOPA anti-piracy bills.

[Image: wales-gone.jpg]

Sort of…

As with most “blockades” there are plenty of ways to get around it.

For the Wikipedia addicts who can’t live without the beloved encyclopedia for a few hours, here are a few options gain access.

1. Disable JavaScript

Since Wikipedia’s blackout implementation uses javascript, it’s a piece of cake to bypass it. Just turn of javascript support in your browser and Wikipedia is fully accessible again.

2. Wikipedia mobile

Another option is to visit the mobile Wikipedia site, as it’s unaffected by the blackout.

3. Google cache

The third option is to use Google cache. Just search for the page you want and load it via Google cache instead of accessing the Wikipedia site directly.

Blackout? I don’t think so…

[Image: wiki-black.jpg]

Quote:Zašto SOPA i PIPA mogu dugoročno “isključiti” Internet svima, ne samo njima
Quote:[Image: 106lflw.jpg]
Objašnjavamo prijedloge zakona koji bi mogli zauvijek promijeniti internet. Ilustracija preuzeta s DigitalTrend

Nemamo vremena za lijepe uvode. Vrijeme je da napokon prođemo što su zapravo PIPA i SOPA:

PIPA je akronim za prijedlog zakona koji se skraćeno zove Protect IP Act. Puno ime ovog prijedloga glasi “Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act of 2011“, što bi na hrvatskom bilo Zakon o sprečavanju stvarnih online prijetnji ekonomskoj kreativnosti i krađi intelektualnog vlasništva iz 2011. godine. Sad vam je jasno zašto je ovaj prijedlog poznat jednostavno kao “PIPA”.

PIPA se nalazi u Senatu od svibnja 2011., a ako se izglasa omogućit će američkoj vladi i tvrtkama da pokrenu zakonske mjere protiv bilo koje internetske stranice za koju smatraju da omogućuje kršenje autorskih prava, bila ta stranica američka (domena, hosting) ili ne. 1stwebdesigner donosi sistematičan popis ovlasti koje će američka vlada i tvrtke dobiti donošenjem ovog zakona.
  • Vlada će moći prisiliti pružatelje internetskih usluga da blokiraju pristup stranicama za koje se smatra da omogućavaju kršenje autorskih prava
  • Vlada će moći tužiti tražilice (npr. Google, Bing, Yahoo), blogove (npr. WordPress ili Blogger), direktorije ili bilo koju internetsku stranicu da iz svog sadržaja ukloni blokirane stranice
  • Vlada će moći prisiliti oglašivače (npr. Google AdSense) da uklone svoje oglase s blokiranih stranica, kao i onih stranica koje podržavaju blokirane stranice
  • Tvrtke će moći tužiti svaku stranicu (pokrenutu nakon stupanja ovog zakona na snagu) za koju misle da ne čini dovoljno u sprečavanju povrede autorskih prava

Prilažemo vam video koji na jednostavan način objašnjava PIPA prijedlog zakona:

SOPA je akronim za “Stop Online Piracy Act”, odnosno Zakon o zaustavljanju online piratstva. Predložena je Predstavničkom domu u listopadu 2011. godine. SOPA i PIPA trebala bi biti dva zakona koja se međusobno nadopunjuju. Evo popisa ovlasti koje SOPA predviđa za američku vladu i tvrtke:
  • Državni odvjetnik moći će zatražiti sudski nalog kojim bi zabranio tražilicama, oglašivačima, pružateljima DNS usluga i pružateljima usluga online plaćanja (npr. Paypal) bilo kakav kontakt sa stranicama koje su navodno povrijedile autorska prava
  • Tvrtke će moći napraviti vlastiti popis stranica za koje smatraju da krše njihova autorska prava i poslati taj popis recimo Paypalu. Paypal će tad morati u roku od pet dana blokirati plaćanja na račun dotične internetske stranice. Jedini način da se to spriječi jest da stranica tijekom tih pet dana pismeno obeća da će se pojaviti na sudu. Američkom, naravno.
  • Sami pružatelji usluga plaćanja moći će jednostavno odlučiti uskratiti svoju uslugu bilo kojoj internetskoj stranici za koju smatraju da krši autorska prava
Mashable je objavio odličan članak u kojem objašnjavaju SOPU korak po korak, ako vas zanima više detalja. Ako biste radije pogledali video sa sličnim sadržajem, komentar ovog prijedloga zakona možete pogledati ovdje:

Pristaše zakona vjeruju da će on zaštiti američke građane i tvrtke od piratstva i prodaje njihovih materijala koje se događa izvan granica Sjedinjenjih američkih država. Brojni kritičari, pak, ističu kako će ovaj zakon otvoriti vrata cenzuri, ali i zauvijek promijeniti način na koji internet funkcionira. Uz to, ovaj bi zakon mogao i zaustaviti inovacije koje je internet omogućio, prenosi Inc

The Verge zaključuje:
Quote:To je zakon nošen slijepom logikom osvete: filmski studiji ne mogu kazniti prave gusare, pa umjesto njih napadaju mrežu.

Što to znači za nas?
SOPA je prijedlog zakona koji bi trebao američkim vlastima i tvrtkama omogućiti da se obračunaju sa stranim stranicama koje ne spadaju pod nadležnost američkih sudova. Ako imate server i domenu izvan Amerike (dakle bilo koja osim .com, .net, .org i naravno .us), ovi zakoni tiču se i vas. Vlasnici autorskih prava ne mogu vas dovući na američki sud, no s ovim zakonima moći će vam i te kako zapapriti život. Blokirat će vas iz tražilica, narediti Googleu da vam ukine AdSense, PayPalu da blokira vaš račun, a sve zato što ste, na primjer, postavili video svog djeteta kako pleše poput Beyoncé (All the single ladies…!) na svoj blog.

Primjer je, naravno, vrlo karikiran, no ovi su zakoni toliko nejasno napisani da se značenje riječi i odredbi može protumačiti vrlo labavo, u korist velikih internacionalnih kompanija i medijskih kuća. Na popisu tvrtki koje su javno podržale SOPU možete vidjeti da takvih ima dosta, poput: ESPN-a, CBS-a, NBC-a.

Što mi možemo učiniti?
Objasnili smo vam što su SOPA i PIPA, objasnili smo vam zašto vas se to tiče, sad se postavlja pitanje: Što mi možemo učiniti? Tužan, ali iskren odgovor je: praktički ništa. Iako će ovi američki zakoni utjecati na cijeli svijet, ipak se izglasavaju u Kongresu SAD-a. Amerikanci su ti koji mogu pisati svojim senatorima, zvati svoje predstavnike i potpisivati peticije u Bijeloj kući. Mi možemo potpisati online peticiju i – ono najbitnije – informirati se.

Donese li Amerika ove zakone, moguće je da će je u stopu slijediti u druge države. Teoretski, možemo se naći u situaciji da iz Amerike ne možete pristupiti stranicama francuskih dnevnih novina, iz Francuske ne možete otvoriti Jutarnji.hr, iz Hrvatske nemate pristup na Telegraf.rs i tako u krug.

Netokracija, naravno, podržava Reddit i Wikipediju u najavljenoj cenzuri u protestu SOPA prijedloga zakona. Ono malo što smo mi mogli učiniti bilo je, informirati vas.

Ivana Šaškor
Quote:Historic: The Internet Protests Anti-Piracy Bills

January 18, 2012

January 18, 2012, will still be talked about decades from now. It is the day thousands of websites, including giants such as Google, Wikipedia and Reddit, decided to take a stand against what they see as a hostile takeover of the Internet by Hollywood, the recording industry, and other rightsholders. As it faces two draconian anti-piracy bills, the free Internet is at stake. Whatever the outcome may be, history is being made today.

[Image: tf-strike.jpg]

At TorrentFreak we’ve been covering copyright battles for more than half a decade. When a new anti-piracy bill emerges, wherever in the world, there has always been a push-back from civil rights groups and Internet users. Unfortunately, these protests are almost exclusively ignored by lawmakers.

Could this pattern be broken today?

Judging by the scope of today’s protests it’s now or never. In the coming hours hundreds of millions of Internet users will be confronted with blacked out pages and similar “strikes” in opposition to the PIPA and SOPA bills, and if enough people take action the people in Washington may just listen.

The first signs are positive, but there’s still a long way to go. Here’s how YOU (corporate pawns) can help:

- Tell Congress you oppose PIPA/SOPA.

- Not in the US? Email the State Department.

- Call your Senator.

- Leave your computer and visit a Senator.

- Discuss, share and inform others about the bills.

For those who are wondering, TorrentFreak is not going dark. Our purpose has always been to inform the public, whether it’s the latest news or a call to action like this article. We believe we can contribute and achieve more by keeping the site online than to black out completely. That said, we are alerting all visitors to take action through the excellent censorship script put together by FAT LAB.

To save an impression of today for future generations, we’ve listed below a few of the many protest pages being run today. Did we miss a good one? Paste a link in the comment section and attach a screenshot!

Google has blocked its logo to protest PIPA/SOPA and added a link to a resource page where people can take action.

[Image: google-strike.jpg]

Demonoid, one of the largest BitTorrent communities, is going dark completely, with a nice spotlight effect.

[Image: demonoid-strike.jpg]

Firefox users will be welcomed with a dark themed default home page today, alerting people about the looming PIPA/SOPA threats.

[Image: firefox-strike.jpg]

The online community Reddit will point the public to a resource site where they can take action.

[Image: reddit-strike.jpg]

Wikipedia will be completely inaccessible for 24 hours, except the pages about censorship, PIPA and SOPA, of course.

[Image: wikipedia-strike.jpg]

WordPress is joining the protest as well, and has decided to censor itself today.

[Image: wordpress-strike.jpg]

Minecraft is protesting as well, but in red with the tagline “PIPA & SOPA, How About NOPA.”

[Image: minecraft1.jpg]

Cenzurisani logo Googlea se vidi samo sa američkih ip adresa sudeći po komentarima sa TorrentFreaka.

Quote:Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) Has Serious Repercussions for Passionate Sports Fans
by Ricky Doyle on Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:26AM

[Image: 6a0115709f071f970b016760b88f20970b-400wi]

Did you miss that big play everyone's talking about? No problem, YouTube it.

Well, if the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) passes, sports fans won't have that luxury anymore.

That's because the bill, which aims to put an end to Internet piracy, would hold any website that features copyrighted material responsible for said material if the intellectual property owner elects to take action. In other words, a record label, a movie studio or even a sports league could notice a 30-second clip on a website and then take action against that site, very serious action.

Gizmodo.com provided an example of potential ramifications if Warner Bros. found that a site in Italy was torrenting one of its movies. The studio then could "demand that Google remove that site from its search results, that PayPal no longer accept payments to or from that site, that ad services pull all ads and finances from it, and -- most dangerously -- that the site's [Internet Service Provider] prevent people from even going there."

The SOPA author, Rep. Lamar Smith (R-Texas), says he will remove the ISP provision, but the bill still is serious stuff. The craziness is heightened even more by the relative ease with which an intellectual property owner (such as Warner Bros.) could take action. All it would take would be a letter from the owner of the copyrighted material saying there's a "good faith belief" that a particular site has infringed on its content, and immediate action would then be taken.

This has severe consequences for websites that pride themselves on being a home for user-generated content, because suddenly those websites are in jeopardy of having serious action taken against them if any user posts copyrighted material. Facebook, YouTube and Twitter would be among the websites forced to monitor uploaded content even more, because one 30-second clip could have serious repercussions for the site as a whole.

Sports fans are a passionate breed, with even the most casual fan usually left wanting more. Sites on which material can be shared person-to-person satisfy that hunger, stimulate further discussion and heighten the amount of enthusiasm one possesses for a particular sport or team. Crushing the ability to share such content -- by threatening to shut down some of sports fans' favorite websites -- will show how far we've regressed as a culture despite our technological advances.

For as much flack as we, as a society, often receive for being too consumed by the Internet, the fact is that SOPA would hinder our ability to live free. The Internet shouldn't consume a person's life, but then again, why should one be forbidden from accessing some of the Internet's most unique and best features because a bill is too heavy-handed in its pursuit of stopping piracy?

Websites like Facebook, YouTube and Twitter often contain material that is copyrighted, but to say they "engage in, enable, or facilitate" copyright infringement, and therefore make them constantly susceptible to legal action, would be unjust.

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), passed in 1998, says that any site that's hosting or linking to pirated material must promptly take down the offending material once notified. The DMCA is a much more reasonable approach. Piracy is wrong, but taking punishment a step further by threatening immediate action on websites without prior notice is extreme.

There's also the lingering notion that SOPA could threaten free speech and have serious technological repercussions regarding the Internet. Additionally, there's the potential for higher Internet risks, as people seek ways around the bill, at which point they may stumble upon malicious websites.

That security risk is even more threatening for sports fans, as many will still look for highlights of that big play everyone is talking about at the water cooler. In doing so, they could find themselves in serious cyber danger (identity theft or credit card fraud).

And when it comes to reliving history -- whether from an official video clip or unsteady footage from a personal camera up in the nosebleed seats -- we can forget about it.

The beauty of the way the Internet is currently policed is that parents no longer have to say to their kids, "If only you could have seen 'Player X' play." They can actually show them, allowing for a glimpse at how the sports landscape has changed.

The idea of stopping further piracy is understandable, but at what cultural costs?

Photo via YouTube screengrab

izvor: NESN

Quote:Mozilla i Firefox se pridružuju anti-SOPA protestu

[Image: 15951_Mozilla%20Black.JPG]

MOZILLA JE SAOPŠTILA DA ĆE SE u sredu 18. januara pridružiti Wikipediji i drugim tehnološkim organizacijama i veb lokacijama koje protestuju protiv spornog Zakona o sprečavanju realnih mrežnih pretnji ekonomskoj kreativnosti i krađe intelektualne svojine (Preventing Real Online Threats to Economic Creativity and Theft of Intellectual Property Act, PROTECT IP Act, PIPA), o kome će američki Senat glasati 24. januara.

U sredu od 8.00 po istočnom američkom vremenu (14.00 po našem) do 20.00 istog dana (četvrtak 2.00 po našem) početna stranica koja se odnosi na Firefox će umesto uobičajene bele pozadine sa logotipom Firefoxa, imati “zamračenu” verziju sa porukom “Zaustavite cenzuru” (Stop Censorship).

Takođe, posetioci Mozillinih veb lokacija mozilla.com i mozilla.org (verzije na engleskom) biće preusmereni na na tzv. “akcionu veb stranicu” gde će od njih biti zatražena podrška u zaustavljanju “pravnih akcija koje uvode internet crne liste”.

Osim Mozille u protestu protiv donošenja zakona SOPA učestvuje oko 7.000 drugih veb lokacija, uključujući Google, Wikipediju i Reddit. Neke od tih lokacija, će biti potupno zatamnjene – primera radi, Wikipedia će blokirati stranice na engleskom i zameniti ih pozivom na otpor predloženom zakonu.

Protest protiv cenzure na internetu je zapravo usmeren protiv Zakona o zaustavljanju mrežne piraterije (Stop Online Piracy Act, SOPA) koji proširuje ovlašćenja vladinih agencija da cenzurišu navodne piratske veb lokacije. Protivnici tog zakona tvrde da on ne pogađa samo veb lokacije koje se nalaze van SAD, već i domaće kompanije koje ne krše zakon.

Mozilla je jedna od devet kompanija koje su u novembru prošle godine poslale zajedničko pismo Kongresu SAD, u kome se navodi da zakoni SOPA i PIPA “predstavljaju ozbiljnu pretnju ekonomiji SAD i nacionalnoj bezbednosti”.

izvor: Mikro

Quote:sreda 18.01.2012 | 08:50 -> 10:25
Vikipedija u štrajku
Izvor: B92, Tanjug

Vašington -- Više desetina velikih američkih internet sajtova, predvođenih Vikipedijom, zatvaraju svoje stranice protestujući protiv novog američkog zakona o internetu.

[Image: 12311960804f16a3c2c6465323177046_640x385.JPG]

Povod za protest je zakon o borbi protiv onlajn piraterije, koji se ocenjuje kao cenzura slobodnog mišljenja.

Podršku će pružiti i Gugl, koji danas neće zatvarati svoju stranicu, ali će staviti link kojim pokazuje da se protivi predloženom zakonu, a protivljenje je izneo i najveći svetski proizvođač softvera Majkrosoft. I Piratska partija Srbije podržava protest Vikipedije.

Zakonom je prvobitno bilo predviđeno da američko Ministarstvo pravde, preko suda, ima mogućnost da naredi sajtovima kao što su Gugl ili Jahu da izbrišu linkove ka stranim internet sajtovima koji imaju neki piratski sadržaj i tako onemoguće korisnike u SAD da ih posećuju.

Vikipedija i ostali sajtovi navode da bi takvim predlogom zakona došlo do cenzure i da bi on u praksi bio nesprovodiv, jer bi moralo da se pazi na hiljade informacija koje se nalaze na linkovima za strane sajtove i da se za svaku pojedinačno proverava da li je piratska.

Ističe se da bi i samim usvajanjem zakona došlo do cenzure, jer bi Ministarstvo pravde moglo da uređuje sajber prostor.

Zakonom je predviđena i zabrana onlajn skidanja filmova, serija i muzike preko stranih sajtova, što je sada moguće u Americi.

[Image: 2653268864f1690101490a928563499_v4%20big.JPG]
Stranica srpske Vikipedije

Prema tome, ako bi na primer kompanija Vorner Bros otkrila da neki strani sajt ima nelegalnu kopiju nekog novog filma, od suda bi tražila da se od sajtova za pretraživanje, kao što je Gugl, zahteva uklanjanje linka ka tom sajtu i obustavu plaćanja reklama za taj sajt.

Ono što plaši internet kompanije je to da se pojam sajtovi za pretraživanje koristi vrlo široko i da bi onda bile odgovorne za praćenje svih materijala na stranicama s kojima su povezane, što je veoma teško i skupo.

One navode da podržavaju sadašnji važeći zakon, kojim se od internet kompanija može zatražiti da uklone sporan materijal sa svog sajta, ali se ne traži praćenje svih linkovanih sajtova.

[Image: 2252994504f16adf3e8bff545786010_extreme.JPG]
Piratska partija Srbije podržava protest Vikipedije

Gugl, koji je vlasnik Jutjuba i mnogih drugih sajtova, prošle godine je dobio zahtev za uklanjanje čak pet miliona sadržaja zbog kršenja piraterije i svaki put kad je ustanovio da je zahtev legitiman, u roku od šest sati je taj sadržaj bio uklonjen.

Nakon mnogih primedaba kompanija iz takozvane Silicijumske doline, predlagači zakona iz Republikanske partije su odlučili da povuku deo zakona koji se odnosi na brisanje linkova i odložili izjašnjavanje u Kongresu do 24. januara.

Zakon, s druge strane, čvrsto podržavaju Holivud, filmski studiji i izdavači knjiga, koji tvrde da strani sajtovi bez dozvole objavljuju autorska dela.

U celu priču se umešala i Bela kuća, nakon što je predsedniku Baraku Obami stigla onlajn peticija sa 50.000 potpisnika.

Trojica saradnika predsednika, koji se bave tehnološkim i internet pitanjima, objavili su da se protive bilo kojoj cenzuri interneta, ali su izbegli da se konkretno izjasne o predlogu zakona.

Portparol Bele kuće Džej Karni izjavio je da pitanje internet piraterije mora da se reši, dodavši da Bela kuća neće zauzimati stranu u sukobu Holivuda i Silicijumske doline.

Protestu Vikipedije pridružila se i Piratska partija Srbije, koja je na svom sajtu napisala da su danas u mraku u znak solidarnosti.

Quote:sreda 18.01.2012
I Google protiv cenzure interneta

I najpopularniji svetski pretraživač Google danas je na svom službenom blogu objasnio zašto podržava protest protiv dva kontroverzna nacrta zakona koji bi mogli ugroziti našu privatnost na internetu.

[Image: 6853389754f16bb62d6662449711294_orig.jpg]

Pridruživši se desetinama web servisa koji danas protestuju protiv dva kontroverzna nacrta zakona, SOPA i PIPA, Google je cenzurisao svoj logo (vidljiv samo korisnicima koji pristupaju webu iz SAD-a). Na službenom blogu Google u vrlo jednostavnim crtama objašnjava zašto se pridružio protestu.

"PIPA i SOPA daju zakonodavcu mogućnost da cenzuriše web. Predložene mere neće pomoći u borbi protiv piraterije, a web kompanije će stradati," kaže se dalje u blogu.

"Iako Google u načelu podržava borbu protiv piraterije, SOPA jednostavno nije način da se to napravi," zaključuje Google.

izvor: B92 - Tehnopolis

Quote:sreda 18.01.2012 | 16:30
Marković: Problem piraterije realan
Izvor: Tanjug

Beograd -- Potrebno je napraviti temeljnu reformu zaštite intelektualne svojine, koja neće ugroziti slobodan protok informacija na Internetu, izjavio je Slobodan Marković.

[Image: 14740563374f1202c3cde85193470638_368x276.jpg]

Reagujući na 24-časovnu blokadu onlajn enciklopedije slobodnog pristupa "Vikipedije" zbog nacrta antipiratskih zakona o kojima se danas raspravlja u američkom Kongresu, savetnik u Ministarstvu kulture, informisanja i informacionog društva Srbije Slobodan Marković kaže da suština problema neće time biti rešena.

On napominje da je skepsu povodom zakona izrazio i predsednik SAD Barak Obama.

Marković je precizirao da se radi o nacrtima antipiratskih zakona SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) i "Protekt IP" kojima se predviđaju mere filtriranja svakog vebsajta za koji se sumnja da podstiče ilegalno preuzimanje sadržaja, objašnjavajući da time pokušava da se spreči piraterija na sajtovima van dometa američkog zakonodavstva.

"Ukoliko je, recimo, neki sajt u Srbiji sa domenom com postavio piratski film, američke institucije bi mogle da taj domen ukinu, iako se sajt nalazi u Srbiji. Problem piraterije jeste realan, ali je i problem što se u suštini 'muva ubija topom', odnosno zbog jednog spornog sadržaja postoji opasnost da čitav sajt bude uništen", objasnio je Marković.

Oni koji su protiv zakona, dodao je, tvrde da se njime suštinski uspostavlja cenzura slobode protoka informacija i da čitav problem treba rešavati na druge načine.
"Generalno, problem sa zaštitom intelektualne svojine na Internetu postoji, stari zakoni više ne funkcionišu. Ovo što se trenutno dešava nije ni prvi, ali ni poslednji čin u drami oko zaštite intelektualne svojine u elektronskoj sferi. Tema će biti nastavljena i u Srbiji", smatra Marković i upozorava da "ljudi ne bi smeli biti kolateralna šteta" u borbi protiv piraterije.

Protestu zbog spornog zakona o Internetu u SAD, koji predvodi sajt Vikipedija, priključili su se i sajtovi "Redit" i "Boing Boing", stranka Zelenih Austrije... ali i Piratska partija iz Srbije natpisom na sajtu:
"Ovaj sajt je u mraku danas kao znak protesta zbog U.S. Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and PROTECT-IP Act (PIPA). Američki kongres planira da cenzuriše Internet, čak iako je velika većina nas protiv toga! Moramo da onemogućimo glasanje ovih zakona i zaštitimo naše pravo na slobodan govor, privatnost i razvoj!"

Osnivač Piratske partije Aleksandar Blagojević u izjavi Tanjugu je ocenio da je cenzura Interneta manifestacija kapitalizma koja sve države dovodi u istu poziciju zbog protoka informacija.

"Neophodna je koordinacija na međunarodnom nivou, jedino tako možemo sprečiti namere Amerike. Globalna komunikacija nas povezuje i danas je više nego jasno da njihova politika utiče na živote svih nas. Politika sile koju žele da primene i u svetu informatike, odnosno na Internetu, opasna je koliko i bombe", upozorava Blagojević.

Strašno je kako ovi naši maše poentu Facepalm . Je*ala vas piraterija Stars . Radi se o čistoj cenzuri interneta Ninja .
Quote:Facebook Releases Anti-PIPA / SOPA Statement

January 18, 2012

Today the Internet is witnessing the largest protest in history, trying to kill two pending anti-piracy bills.

While Facebook is not joining the blackout, Mark Zuckerberg just released the following statement opposing PIPA and SOPA.

“The internet is the most powerful tool we have for creating a more open and connected world. We can’t let poorly thought out laws get in the way of the internet’s development. Facebook opposes SOPA and PIPA, and we will continue to oppose any laws that will hurt the internet.”

“The world today needs political leaders who are pro-internet. We have been working with many of these folks for months on better alternatives to these current proposals. I encourage you to learn more about these issues and tell your congressmen that you want them to be pro-internet.”

The MPAA, meanwhile, continues to try to spin today’s protests.

Yesterday they called it a PR-stunt, turning Internet users into corporate pawns, and earlier today they claim the blackout “fails to enlist big sites.”

[Image: mpaa-fail.jpg]

izvor: TorrentFraek - News Bits

Quote:Senator Roy Blunt Drops PIPA Co-Sponsorship

January 18, 2012

Today’s massive protest against the PIPA and SOPA anti-piracy bills are sorting effect.

A few minutes ago Senator Roy Blunt dropped his co-sponsorship for PIPA

Below is the statement the senator just posted on Facebook, feel free to thank him if you think he made the right decision.

[Image: blunt.jpg]

“Senate Leader Harry Reid is pushing forward with legislation that is deeply flawed and still needs much work. That is why I’m withdrawing my co-sponsorship for the Protect IP Act.”

“While I believed the bill still needed much work, I cosponsored the Senate version of the Protect IP Act because I support the original intent of this bill – to protect against the piracy of lawful content. Upon passage of this bill through committee, Senate Judiciary Republicans strongly stated that there were substantive issues in this legislation that had to be addressed before it moved forward. I agree with that sentiment. ”

“The right to free speech is one of the most basic foundations that makes our nation great, and I strongly oppose sanctioning Americans’ right to free speech in any medium – including over the internet. I continue to believe that we can come to a solution that will cut off the revenue sources for foreign websites dedicated to counterfeiting and piracy that steal American jobs, hurt the economy, and harm consumers. But the Protect IP Act is flawed as it stands today, and I cannot support it moving forward.”

Kako me nerviraju što se ponašaju kao da se ceo svet vrti oko njih.

Možda je i bolje da izglasaju takvu glupost, pa da se napravi Net nezavisan od Amerikanaca, pod međunarodnom kontrolom.
(18. Jan 2012, 22:35)teddy Wrote: Kako me nerviraju što se ponašaju kao da se ceo svet vrti oko njih.

pa...ne znam šta da ti kažem, nisi daleko od istine...

“Obrazovana osoba je naučila da se informacija gotovo uvek objavljuje da bi u najboljem slučaju bila nekompletna; vrlo često je netačna, služi usmeravanju u pogrešnom pravcu, neretko izmišljena, neiskrena je ili – sasvim pogrešna.”
Russell Wayne Baker

(18. Jan 2012, 22:35)teddy Wrote: Kako me nerviraju što se ponašaju kao da se ceo svet vrti oko njih.

Vala baš.Glare

I otkud njima pravo da prisiljavaju SVOJ zakon na čitav svet?! Zašto im se to dopušta?!

Da neće možda da gađaju ostatak sveta nuklearkama?Kolutam očima
[Image: r6bNx6e.gif]
Quote:sreda 18.01.2012 | 21:15
Pirati podržali štrajk Vikipedije
Izvor: B92

Beograd -- Protestu više desetina velikih američkih internet sajtova, predvođenih Vikipedijom, pridružila se, u znak solidarnosti, i Piratska partija Srbije.

[Image: 12311960804f16a3c2c6465323177046_368x221.JPG]

"Danas je, u znak protesta, internet na par sati bio zavijen u crno. Giganti poput najveće enciklopedije slobodnog znanja Vikipedije i najveće blogerske platforme Wordpress.com pokrenuli su lavinu protesta, koji su sledili stotine hiljada drugih sajtova koje svako od nas održava ili koristi svakodnevno", kaže za B92 Aleksandar Blagojević iz Piratske partije Srbije.

Radi se predlozima američkih zakona SOPA i PIPA, koji neobično brzo "jure" kroz sve nivoe Kongresa kako bi bili izglasani. Oba zakona su, prema njegovim rečima, zasnovana na postojanju "intelektualne svojine" i imaju za cilj da ograniče bespravno korišćenje iste.

"Kako su naša komunikacija i sva dela kulture danas zasnovani na postojećim saznanjima, razmeni i remiksovanju, kompletan naš kreativni proces i življenje su u potencijalnoj opasnosti", tvrdi Blagojević.

To je, smatra on, demonstracija politike sile od koje Sjedinjene Američke Države ne odustaju.

"Ako se setimo dešavanja relativno nakon eksplozije Vikiliksa u mejnstrim medijima kada su SAD sajber napade proglasile kao legitiman razlog za fizičku vojnu akciju, i ako se setimo Obaminog famoznog potpisivanja NDAA zakona, koji vladi SAD omogućava da građane drugih država na svojoj teritoriji hapsi, neograničeno zadržava, muči i potencijalno izvrši smrtnu kaznu nad dotičnim - analogija je ista i na polju informacija. Nažalost, ova namera se potpuno uklapa u spoljnu politiku SAD koje su sada u žestokoj krizi", navodi Blagojević.

Prema njegovoj oceni, najgori scenario, gde su SOPA i PIPA u neizmenjenom obliku izglasani 24. januara ove godine, omogućiće vladi SAD da nasumično gasi ili cenzuriše bilo koji sajt koji se nalazi na njihovoj teritoriji.

"Ovo će pogubno uticati na sve korisnike interneta i poslovanje u celom svetu iz jednostavnog razloga: internet nije teritorializovan, niti je podeljen među državama na isti način na koji ovakvi zakoni pokušavaju da ga tretiraju", zaključuje Blagojević.

Povod za štrajk Vikipedije i ostalih velikih sajtova je zakon o borbi protiv onlajn piraterije, koji se ocenjuje kao cenzura slobodnog mišljenja.

Podršku američkim sajtovima pružio je i Gugl, koji danas nije zatvarao svoju stranicu, ali je stavio link kojim pokazuje da se protivi predloženom zakonu. Protivljenje je izneo i najveći svetski proizvođač softvera Majkrosoft.

Quote:SOPA / PIPA Co-Sponsors Drop Like Flies As Millions Protest

January 18, 2012

Today the Internet is witnessing the largest protest in its history, aimed at killing two pending anti-piracy bills. The effort has not been without results. During the past few hours several Senators who co-sponsored SOPA and PIPA have dropped their support. The protests made them realize that the legislation is flawed, and a potential threat to the future of the Internet.

[Image: google-blacked.jpg]

While all the PIPA and SOPA protests are still ongoing, the first statistics coming in are truly impressive.

By 3pm Washington time millions of people had already voiced their concerns. Google just reported that more than 4 million people signed the petition on their site, and the EFF says that 250,000 people sent messages to Congress through their site. These are just two examples of the many initiatives currently being organized.

The big question is, of course, whether this wave of protest is having any effect. The answer is an unequivocal YES.

Not only have Senators’ websites been knocked offline due to the massive flow of traffic, but quite a few initial backers of the bills are having second thoughts.

Below is a list of PIPA and SOPA co-sponsors who have now dropped their support for the pending legislation. They are joined by more than a dozen lawmakers who didn’t sponsor the bills, but have now stated on the record that they are not planning to vote in favor. Some even decided to black out their own site.

Senator Marco Rubio was one of the first to de-list as a PIPA co-sponsor today, stating:

“Earlier this year, this bill passed the Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously and without controversy. Since then, we’ve heard legitimate concerns about the impact the bill could have on access to the Internet and about a potentially unreasonable expansion of the federal government’s power to impact the Internet. Congress should listen and avoid rushing through a bill that could have many unintended consequences. “

“Therefore, I have decided to withdraw my support for the Protect IP Act. Furthermore, I encourage Senator Reid to abandon his plan to rush the bill to the floor. Instead, we should take more time to address the concerns raised by all sides, and come up with new legislation that addresses Internet piracy while protecting free and open access to the Internet.”

Initial PIPA backer Senator Roy Blunt drops out saying:

“While I believed the bill still needed much work, I cosponsored the Senate version of the Protect IP Act because I support the original intent of this bill – to protect against the piracy of lawful content. Upon passage of this bill through committee, Senate Judiciary Republicans strongly stated that there were substantive issues in this legislation that had to be addressed before it moved forward. I agree with that sentiment. ”

“The right to free speech is one of the most basic foundations that makes our nation great, and I strongly oppose sanctioning Americans’ right to free speech in any medium – including over the internet. I continue to believe that we can come to a solution that will cut off the revenue sources for foreign websites dedicated to counterfeiting and piracy that steal American jobs, hurt the economy, and harm consumers. But the Protect IP Act is flawed as it stands today, and I cannot support it moving forward.”

Senator Orrin Hatch followed, and is no longer a co-sponsor of PIPA either. He said:

“After listening to the concerns on both sides of the debate over the PROTECT IP Act, it is simply not ready for prime time and both sides must continue working together to find a better path forward”

“Rushing something with such potential for far-reaching consequences is something I cannot support and that’s why I will not only vote against moving the bill forward next week but also remove my cosponsorship of the bill. Given the legitimate vocal concerns, it is imperative that we take a step back to allow everyone to come together and find a reasonable solution.”

Senator John Boozman is no longer backing PIPA, he stated:

“I will have my name removed as a co-sponsor of the bill and plan to vote against it if Majority Leader Reid brings it to the floor in its current form.”

“The PROTECT IP Act seeks to address an issue that is of vital importance to the future of intellectual property rights in the modern era. However, the concerns regarding the unintended consequences of this particular bill are legitimate. Therefore, we should not rush to pass this bill, rather we should be working to find another solution so that the epidemic of online piracy is addressed in a manner that ensures innovation and free speech is protected. I have confidence that we can do this, but not as the PROTECT IP Act stands today”

SOPA also lost two of its co-sponsors. Politico reports that Representatives Ben Quayle and Lee Terry have quietly withdrawn their support for the House bill.

The various protests are still ongoing and it wouldn’t be a surprise if the list above is already outdated by the end of the day.

Although these first signs are positive, it doesn’t necessarily mean that PIPA or SOPA are now off the table. There are still many sponsors and supporters left. Both bills are still on their way to be passed in Congress, but with a little less support than before.